Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Best Wishes

Hey there!
I'm just popping in to show you what I created for Papertrey Ink's first contest....
I chose Dawn McVey...
I love her color palettes and the way she pairs her flowers and backgrounds! Here is what I created...

All stamps and cardstock are Papertrey Ink. I stamped the polka dot background using Hero Arts shadow ink in butter bar. I distressed the edges with victorian velevt distress ink.

The flowers were stamped using Color Box ink in orchid and razzberry. The ink for the leaves is Color Box moss green.  I used Hero Arts balck ink for the sentiment and frayed burlap distress ink to shade the banner. The banner die is Spellbinders. The glitter cardstock is Recollections. The labels die is Spellbinders.

The crochet trim is Wrights ( from the sewing store). The green twine is from Michaels. The pearls are Recollections.


I am also entering this into CASE Study ....where Teri Anderson is this month's muse!



Thanks for stopping by!

Michelle






11 comments:

Lisa said...

Michelle this is jaw dropping beautiful!! Now you know I love the buttery polka dot background, but you glitter frame and pink flowers are fabulous! Love the way your banner flows off the edge. Great job, love it!!

Jeanne J said...

Hi Michelle! Love the mix of papers and elements - the glitter and lace - just yummy!

Rosemary said...

Another lovely card, Michelle!

Teneale Williams said...

Michelle, WOW! What an amazing card, I love the dots with the flowers, they look just amazing. Thanks for playing at CASE Study.

Ros Crawford said...

Absolutely beautiful ... wonderful design

Charlene said...

Gorgeous!!! Love the colors and the polka dots!!!

chilli pip said...

A stunning card , love the colours , the lace and the sentiment.

cbuswell said...

Gorgeous! The colors are beautiful! Thanks for joining us at CASE Study.

Maria said...

Wow! What a beauty, Michelle! You must have been very inspired by Dawn, because your card looks so much like her style, and it is stunning! Love the polka dots and bright colors...great job!

Joyce said...

Wow--this is so pretty. I always like to see if I can guess which is the inspiration card, and I was right in your case. Your take is clearly inspired by Dawn, but totally your own.

Colleen Dietrich said...

Love how you paired the buttery dots with pink roses, Michelle! It is beautiful.

How are your mom and brother doing? They have been on my mind ever since Sandy.